SharePoint 2013: Upgrade from SharePoint 2010 classic mode to SharePoint 2013 claims mode

Recently, I needed to migrate SharePoint 2010 classic mode site to SharePoint 2013. Since classic mode sites are deprecated in SP 2013 and moreover from UI we can only create claims based sites, I created a Claims based site in SP 2013 for the migration purpose.
So, I upgraded the site in SP 2010 to use claims authentication using PowerShell. Finally, the backup of content DB was taken and restored in SP 2013 database server. When I ran the Test-SPContentDatabase command, follwoing error was reported:
The ["WebAppName"] web application is configured with
claims authentication mode however the content database you
are trying to attach is intended to be used against a
windows classic authentication mode.
There is an inconsistency between the authentication mode of
target web application and the source web application.
Ensure that the authentication mode setting in upgraded web
application is the same as what you had in previous
SharePoint 2010 web application. Refer to the link
"" for more
However, as mentioned I had already converted the web application in SP 2010 to claims mode. So, I updated SP 2010 site back to classic mode. Then in SP 2013, I created a classic mode site using PowerShell command. 
New-SPWebApplication -Name "TestApplication" -ApplicationPool "TestApplicationAppPool" -AuthenticationMethod "NTLM" -ApplicationPoolAccount (Get-SPManagedAccount "sppoc\spfarm") -Port 100 -URL "http://sp2013demo"
N.B. Classic  based sites cannot be created using UI in CA.
Now take the backup of content database of classic based SP 2010 web application and restore it on SP 2013 database server and run the Test-SPContentDatabase command again. You should be good to go and mount the database using Mount command.
Mount-SPContentDatabase WSS_Content_100 -DatabaseServer SQL2012Demo -WebApplication http://sp2013demo:100
Lastly, the web application in SP 2013 can be converted to claims mode using Convert-SPWebApplication command.
Convert-SPWebApplication -Identity "http://sp2013demo:100" -To Claims RetainPermissions -Force

Users also need to be migrated to use claims identity:
$w = Get-SPWebApplication "http://sp2013demo:100"